Monday, April 9, 2012

It ain't over til it's over

I have to keep reminding myself that this house will not be finished next week. This house will not even be finished next year. Home renovation and decorating is not a race. Decorating a house is a constant evolution of ideas, trends, and tastes. I'm trying desperately to avoid the trends!

The R's are staying put for awhile so what's the rush, right? 

It's hard for me to relax when I see little projects unfinished. And let me tell you, there are some projects around here! I am trying very very hard not to spend our last dollar on decorating. My husband has been very kind in reminding me that we have planned for different phases. There is a timeline and we need to stick to it.We want to retire one day, and travel, and have a slew of kids running around! I wonder how long this little house will hold us? Hopefully long enough for me to wallpaper the bathroom!



I have been very good so far. It's hard to spend money when you have zero free time to shop for anything.
I relaxed a little bit when I was browsing around one of my favorite blogs today, Brooklyn Limestone. Her posts span years. Some rooms are still not finished. It's a totally fabulous blog you should check it out. Or -Old Town Home- , they have been working on their house for 9 years! Definitely puts this whole home ownership into perspective. Maybe a few more bike rides and a little less compulsive closet painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment