Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Guest Room Revamp

Hi. Anyone who has a blog has the ability to look through and see how many times a post has been viewed. Surprisingly, Be Our Guest has been in the lead...by several hundred views. I don't know why this surprises me so much. Maybe because I posted the room before it was even finished. Since then I have added a few more little things. Swapped out the vanity desk for a dresser that I love! My picker aka Lady Kay scored this pretty girl via her picker at a Granbury auction of all places. Brace yourself for how much I paid for this. $75! I know, I can't believe it either. I was eyeing less cool dressers at White Elephant for over $300. God bless Granbury! The dresser still had the vintage contact paper in pristine condition in the drawers. I left it, just too cute to take out. AND, these totally awesome vintage pulls! Shut up, right?!?!











What else is new? Burlap curtains, I just hemmed the ends and clipped them up. I had them tied back for awhile but it was looking a little too country and now they are just a wrinkled mess.
I hung my Bobo's oil paintings above the bed. This was a wedding gift from my aunt and I love it so much. I have been promised more of her flower still life paintings so I can have a little grouping one day.

I completely gutted the closet. This included removing the previous security system, and then patching the gi-normous hole it left. Mr. R so graciously hung new rods so I could double up in this tiny space. Yes, closets in old houses are less that ideal....we manage the best we can people. I would live in a tent on this block, closets are not an issue!

I had to move the trunk under the map to make room for the dresser but I think it makes a nice grouping don't you think?

Ok, that's all I got folks. Happy renovating....said no renovating couple ever!

Someone come spend the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment