Terrible two? No way. Two is greater than one...and also tiring!
The transition from one to two has been easier than expected. I think we are just way more relaxed this go around. It helps that the Ridgelet is a GREAT baby! And very tolerant of his very active brother. Don't get me wrong we have had a few up all nights and staring at each other with complete desperation. All with the understanding that this is a scenerio we created for ourselves. Some....errrr most....mornings the inside of my eyelids feel like sand paper! I think the big difference this time is we know there is an end to the exhaustion....sort of......there is an end right?
Ok, the non glamorous stuff first...
- The last eight weeks have been filled with LOTS of diapers! Two kids in diapers is no joke! If/and/or when we have another baby Raleigh MUST be potty trained!
- I am usually covered in spit up. Sometimes every artcile of clothing at once...yes down to my undies have been soaked by this kid. Why are my kids pukers?
- Sometimes it's pee....luckily baby pee just stinks a little.
- Breastfeeding is a full time job. Baby #2 has been easier but the constant eating/drinking/what time is it? Is freaking exhausting y'all!....crap where is my water bottle?
- When I am not feeding, wiping, playing, chasing a child, I am folding laundry. This is a chore I actually freakishly enjoy. It's like when you have no control in your life you can at least have clean clothes. Mr. R loves when I am on maternity leave because his clothes are washed and folded at all times...put away is a different story :)
- My pre baby body is NOT back...where did you go 2012? Maybe because I haven't legitamtly excercised in well...a year??? Judge away...I've been pregnant or nursing for like....EVER! It is on my to do list along with eat that plate of brownies.
- Daytime TV is trash! With that said I am kind of enjoying it!
The wonderful great stuff about having two babies....
- Oh my gosh y'all, the love is real! How is it possible to love these babies so much! I mean, unexplainable LOVE! Ridge is the best baby! I think I have bonded with him a little sooner than I did with Raleigh. Did that happen with anyone else's second child? I don't know why but this kid stole my heart right away. He is just a little nugget....uuuuhhh, just the best boy!
- Our house feels full to me. Which I love! Full in a good way. Plenty of room for one more Scott!
- Ridge is a great eater...obvioulsy! A good sleeper...most nights! Very tolerant of big brother....except for the WWE wrestling moves. He's just a wonderful baby.
- Raleigh is a 20 month old mess but he is at his peak cuteness! He is talking so much and cracking us up constantly. He calls Ridge "Bubba". This is something he came up with himself and it is so stinkin' precious!
- We are out of the house a lot more than I was with Rals. Probably because I am so much more relaxed about EVERYTHING. Ridge went to the zoo at two weeks and a family vactaion to Broken Bow at three weeks. Raleigh didn't see the light of day until he was two months old.... I was losing my mind!
I feel like there is so much more to share but I have to chug a glass of water and eat some peanut butter....out of the jar!
|3 weeks....we can't figure if he's cute yet????|
|Raleigh 20 months!|
|6 weeks and smiling!!|
Here are the most recent pics of my tiniest boy!
|Ridge at 8 weeks...yes in the same outfit from 6 weeks...ooops!|
My cup runneth over! Happy mama!